This article is part of the Employee Training for R365 Scheduling and the R365 App (Red). Click here for more information about R365 Scheduling Employee Training
Return to the Previous Training Article:
This article covers the following topics:
- Trading Shifts
- Offering Shifts
- Claiming Shifts
- Requesting Time Off
- Scheduling Request(s) Status
Requesting Time Off, as well as trading, offering, or claiming Shifts can be done from the Schedule screen. Users can navigate to the Schedule by tapping the 'Schedule' widget from the Mobile Dashboard or by tapping 'Schedule' from under 'Scheduling' in the Mobile Navigation Menu.
Users can Trade a Shift to any Employee that:
- Works at the same Restaurant Location
- has the same Job on the Shift
- is available during the Shift
Users can request the Trade in two different places in the R365 App: The Dashboard Schedule Widget and the Schedule.
Trading from the Schedule Widget
To Trade from the Schedule Widget, follow these steps:
- Swipe left or right on the Upcoming Shifts section of the widget to locate the Shift that needs to be traded. Tap the correct Shift to open the Shift Details.
- The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear. Tap 'Trade Shift' to start the trade process.
- Users will be prompted to select the Shift of another Employee to Trade for
- Once the appropriate Shift is selected, tap 'Request Trade'
- Users will be prompted with a confirmation pop out that details the Request. The Trade Request will now be sent to the other Employee for approval
Trading from the Schedule Calendar
To trade from the Schedule follow these steps:
- Users can begin the Trade process from either the 'My Schedule' or 'Restaurant Schedule' tab
My Schedule Tab
From the 'My Schedule' tab, Users can scroll to find their Shift that they want to be traded away. Tap the shift to open the Shift details. Then, click 'Trade Shift'
Restaurant Schedule Tab
From the 'Restaurant Schedule' tab, locate a date with Shifts, then scroll to find the Shift of another Employee to trade for. Tap the other Employee's shift to open the Shift details. Then, click 'Trade Shift'
- Users will be prompted to select the Shift to Trade for. If Users tapped 'Trade Shift' from their own Shift, then they will be prompted with the 'Select A Shift' screen to select the Shift of another Employee to trade to. If Users tapped 'Trade Shift' from the Shift of another Employee, they will navigate to the 'Select Your Shift' screen to select one of their own Shifts to trade to the other Employee.
- Once the appropriate Shift is selected to trade, tap 'Request Trade.'
- Users will be prompted with a confirmation that details the Request. The Trade Request will first be sent to the other Employee for Approval
Employee Trade Request Approval
Before a Manager can Approve a Shift Trade, the Employee being Traded with must first Approve the Trade Request. They'll receive the Trade Request in the Request List as an 'Incoming Request'. It will appear on the 'Outgoing' list for the User who requested the Shift Trade.
- If the other Employee Approves the Trade Request, then it will be sent to Management for final Approval.
- If the other Employee Denies the Trade Request, it will not be sent to Management, the Trade Request will show that it has been Denied by the Employee, and the User's original Shift will remain Assigned to the User
Users can offer any of their Assigned Shifts for other Employees to Claim. When a Shift is offered, all Employees with that Job Code and Location will be alerted about it via their preferred contact method. Users can Offer a Shift in two different places in the R365 App: the Dashboard and the Calendar.
- Dashboard - Swipe left or right on the Upcoming Shifts to locate the Shift that needs to be Offered. Next, tap the Shift to open the Shift Details. The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear. Tap 'Offer Shift', then tap the Confirmation to start the Offer process.
- Calendar - On the Calendar, select 'My Schedule', to view Upcoming Shifts. Tap on a Shift to view the Shift Details. The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear below the Shift Details. Tap 'Offer Shift', then tap the Confirmation to start the Offer process.
Note: Even though the Shift has been offered, Users are still responsible for that Shift until it has been Claimed by another Employee and Approved by a Manager.
Other Employee Claims
Offered Shifts can be Claimed by other Employees by viewing 'All' in the Calendar. Offered Shift will appear as 'Open' Shifts. Each Employee that wants the Shift can open the Shift Details and tap 'Claim Shift' to submit their Claim Request
All Claim Requests for Offered Shifts will be reviewed by a Manager. Managers can select which Claim to Approve, or they can Deny All Claims:
- If Approved, the Shift will be transferred to the Employee that submitted the Approved Claim and the Shift is no longer the User's responsibility. The Offer Shift details will show that it has been Approved by the Manager, and the Shift will no longer appear on Employee's Schedule.
- If Denied, the Shift Offer will be canceled and the Shift will no longer appear as an Open Shift for others to Claim. The Offer Shift Details will show that it has been Denied by the Manager, and the Shift will remain Assigned to the original Employee.
Users can submit a Claim to any Open Shift that appears on the Calendar. Open Shifts are either Assigned Shifts that have been Offered by their Assigned Employee or Unassigned Shifts that have been Published.
When viewing 'My Schedule' on the Calendar, 'Open Shift' will appear on any day that has an Open Shift and that the User is not already Scheduled. Tap 'Open Shift' to view the available Shift(s)
Users will be navigated to the Day View of the Calendar Open Shifts list. On this screen, Users can also see all the Shift scheduled for that day. Tap the correct Open Shift to view the Shift Details, including the name of the Employee who is offering the Shift. To submit a Claim for the Shift, tap the 'Claim Shift' button. The Claim Request will then be sent to a Manager for Approval.
Requesting Time Off
Users can submit a request for Time off by tapping the 'plus' button on the 'Requests' screen of the Schedule or the 'Request Time Off' button from the 'My Profile' screen.
New Request Button
To submit a Time Off Request from Requests screen, tap the New Request button in the bottom right corner. Then, tap 'Time Off' from the options that appear.
This will open a new Time Off Request form.
1. Date & Time - Tap to enter the Start Date/Time and the End Date/Time for the time being requested off. Then, click 'Confirm' to continue with the Request form
- Note: Time can only be selected when the 'All Day' Toggle is turned off. The default setting for this toggle is on and refers to an entire Calendar Day
- Note: Black dates on the Calendar are Blackout Days and cannot be Requested off.
2. Location - Users that work at more than one Restaurant Location, need to select which Location they are requesting Time off from. Users can select one, all, or multiple Locations
- Note: If the Time Off Request is submitted for multiple Locations, and the Request is denied in one Location, the Request will automatically be denied at all Locations selected
3. Time Off Reason - Users can select from three reasons, including: Vacation, Jury Duty, and Personal
- Note: If 'Personal' is selected, a text area will appear where Users can describe the request to Management.
4. Send Request Button - Once the form is completed, tap 'Send Request' . Once submitted, the Time off Request will be sent for Manager Approval.
Once a Request is submitted, Users will receive a notification that the Request has been sent. The Request will now appear with any other Requests under the the 'Outgoing' tab.
Scheduling Request(s) Status
Users can track all their Scheduling Requests in the 'Outgoing' tab of the Requests screen.
Shift Trade Status
Shift Trades must be approved by the Employee being Traded with before being sent to Management for Approval. Shift Trades will be listed in the 'Outgoing' List as the other Employee's Shift. Tap the Shift to view the Trade Status.
- Trade Requests that are Pending Employee Approval will be labeled with 'Pending EMPL'
- Trade Requests that have been approved by the Employee and are now Pending Manager Approval will be labeled with 'Pending MNGR.'
- When a Manager Approves the Trade Request, the Shifts will be Traded and Schedules for the Requesting User and the other Employee will both be updated with their new Shifts. The Trade Request will show that it has been Approved by the Manager.
- When a Manager Denies the Trade Request, the Shifts will not be traded, the Trade Request will show that it has been Denied by the Manager, and both Employees will remain with their original Scheduled Shift
Shift Offer Status
- When an Offered Shift is Unclaimed, it will be labeled with 'Pending Claim & Approval'
- When an Offered Shift is Claimed, but not yet Approved, it will be labeled with 'Pending Manager Approval'
- When an Offered Shift has been Claimed and Approved, it will be labeled with 'Request has been Approved!'
Shift Claim Status
- When a Claim is still pending, it will be labeled as Pending MNGR while it awaits Manager Approval
- When a Claim has been selected and Approved, the Shift will be transferred to the User's Calendar and the Claim Request Details will show that it has been Approved by a Manager
- When a Claim is not selected and thus, denied, the User will not receive the Shift, and the Claim Request will show that it has been Denied by a Manager.
Time Off Request Status
- Pending Requests will be labeled with 'Pending Manager Approval.'
- Approved Requests will be labeled with 'Request has been Approved!'
- Denied Requests will be labeled with 'Request Denied by Manager.' When denied, Users will still be considered available for Shifts for the Date/Time requested off.
Note: Tapping any Outgoing Request from the list will show the Request details, including the name of the Manager that has Approved/Denied the Request, if applicable
Continue to the Next Training Article: