The 1096 Printable Form provides all 1096 information, which can be printed on a 1096 pre-printed form and filed with the IRS.
Important Note on Printing
When printing this form, ensure to update the following printer settings:
- Adobe - When printing from Adobe, the 'Page Sizing & Handling' should be set to 'Actual Size'
- Chrome - When printing from Chrome, 'Scale' should be set to 'Default'
To navigate to the 1096 Printable Form export, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Vendors' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find the '1096 Printable Form' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be set to pinpoint the exact download a User needs.
1) Year - The year that the 1096 report is ran for. This field is defaulted to the current year
2) Legal Entity - A listing of all Legal Entities. Only one Legal Entity can be selected
3) Form Type - The type of 1099 Tax Form indicated as being filed. Only one form can be selected. Options include:
- 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income
- 1099-NEC - Nonemployee Compensation
- 1099-INT - Interest Income
4) Download Button - This downloads the form
1) Filer's Name - The Legal Entity's name
2) Filer's Street Address - The Legal Entity's Address
3) Filer's City, State, and Zip Code -The Legal Entity's City, State, and Zip Code
4) Name of Person to Contact - The Legal Entity's name
5) Telephone Number - The Legal Entity's phone number
6) Box 1 Employer Identification Number - The Legal Entity's Tax ID
7) Box 3 Total Number of Forms - The number of forms being submitted
8) Box 4 Federal Income Tax Withheld - The sum of Box 4 from all 1099 Forms being submitted
9) Box 5 Total Amount Reported with this Form 1096 - The sum of the following boxes, depending on the selected Form Type:
- 1099-MISC - Boxes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 14
- 1099-NEC - Box 1
- 1099-INT - Boxes 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, and 13
10) Box 6 The 1099 Form Type that this 1096 Form is in Reference to - This marking will reflect the 1099 Form Type selected in the Report Parameters