This is a part of the AP Credit Memo feature in the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
AP Credit Memos can be created and managed easily via the Invoices page of Smart Ops. AP Credit Memos follow a hierarchy of approval in which Restaurant Managers can create and enter in credit memos, but once they are marked as complete, Restaurant Managers are locked out from making any further changes. Users with approval abilities can then review and either unlock and edit the form or approve the credit memo.
Create a Credit Memo
Navigate to the Invoices page of Smart Ops. When this page loads, click '+ Create' in the top, right corner above the listing and then 'Credit Memo'. This will open a 'New AP Credit Memo' sidesheet.
AP Credit Memo Sidesheet
Upon creating an AP Credit Memo, enter in the necessary information before saving the form.
1) Location - The Location that receives this credit memo. This field will auto-populate with the default Location set on the User record but can be manually changed by selecting the Location assigned and choosing a new Location from the listing. Once a Location is selected, its Source Linkwill be enabled, allowing Users to open the Location record if desired
- Note: Locations will be grayed out if they are inactivated. Click here to learn how to inactivate a Location. If needed, Users can change their default Location via User Preferences
2) Vendor - A listing of all Vendors. Select the Vendor that sent the credit memo. Once selected, its Source Linkwill be enabled, allowing Users to open the Vendor record if desired
3) Credit Memo Number - The credit memo number. If no number is provided, create one
4) Credit Memo Total - The total amount for the credit memo. Upon entry, an warning message will appear and will remain until the amount is equal to the Total amount (#9) entered in the 'Details' grid
5) Credit Memo Date - The date listed on the credit memo
6) Comment - An optional field that is useful for adding additional notes to the credit memo
7) Search Bar - This will search the listing for the characters entered
8) + Add Item / + Add GL Account - This will enable the User to enter credit memos by item or account. This field will display one of these options based on its Vendor entry type. Details about adding items are described below
9) Total - The total amount of the credit memo, based on the items and their quantities added to the 'Details' grid
10) 'Attachments' Tab - This tab lists all attachments added to the form. The credit memo will first need to be saved before any attachments can be added, but once added, Users can use the Split View (#11) to assist in entering in details
- Note: Users can upload Documents to Process via the Split View before the form is saved
11) Split View - This opens a split screen where the AP Credit Memo is side-by-side with an attachment. If no attachments have been added, this Split View modal will enable the User to upload a document from their desktop or Documents to Process. The uploaded files will then be organized in a listing and can be opened in the Split View by double-clicking the desired file. Click here to learn more about Split View
12) Status - The status of the AP Credit Memo. Statuses include:
- In Progress
13) Save - This will be enabled when the Location (#1), Vendor (#2), and Credit Memo Number (#3) are entered. This will save the entered details, and once saved, the following functions will then be active:
A) Approve - This will only appear to Users with approval abilities. Clicking this button will finalize the AP Credit Memo
B) Complete - This will mark the AP Credit Memo as 'Completed' and lock Restaurant Managers with entry capabilities out from making any further edits to the invoice
C) Context Menu - From this menu, Users have the option to delete the AP Credit Memo. Users can only delete a credit memo if their Permissions allows it
14) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating a credit memo
15) Full Screen - This will expand the sidesheet to full screen. This can then return back to its original size by clicking the minimize icon
16) Close - This will close out the sidesheet without saving
Add Items / GL Accounts
Items or GL Accounts can be added from the 'Details' grid depending on the Vendor's entry type.
Items can be added via the 'Details' grid with the help of the Split View feature. Click here to learn more about using the Split View feature so that you can enter in items along an attachment.
To add items to the credit memo, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the 'Details' grid
- Click the '+ Add Item' button. A line will appear where details can be entered about an item
- Enter in the name of the item in the 'Item' selector field
- Select the desired item from the drop-down listing that appears
- Once an item is added, details about the item will auto-populate the boxes in the line. The majority of these fields can be updated if needed
- Enter in the quantity of the item and then add more items if needed. Users can add additional items by either:
- Clicking the '+ Add Item' button
- Hitting 'Enter' on their keyboard
Users can easily navigate between boxes by hitting 'Tab' on their keyboard. If all items are added and then the quantity fields are updated, Users can enter a quantity and then click 'Enter' to navigate down the 'Quantity' row. This functionality will work on other columns as well.
Add GL Accounts
If the selected Vendor has an entry type of 'By Account', then '+ Add GL Account' will be displayed in the 'Details' grid.
To add a GL Account, click '+ Add GL Account', select the desired GL Account from the GL Account selector, and then enter in its allocated amount in the 'Total' column. Click out of row to add it to the grid.
Save and Complete the AP Credit Memo
Ensure that all required fields are entered in the 'General Information' header and then save the credit memo. Once saved, the User will have access to additional functionality, depending on their security access.
Once an AP Credit Memo is finalized, mark it as 'Complete' from the top ribbon. This will lock all Restaurant Managers out of making any further edits and update the form's status to 'Completed'.
The AP Credit Memo is now ready for a final review and approval.